Saturday, December 6, 2008

Aaahhhh....Zaaaaaaa!!!!

Can I just say that it feels so good to take a break? A REAL (even though relatively short) break?

My husband and I have been so busy over the last month and a half with him starting his new position, that we have barely taken any time for ourselves. Such as it is when starting a new job in ministry.

But this week-end was amazing. We took a much needed break. We dropped off our little boy at my in-laws' house, and we were on our way to a little R&R. My husband surprised me with tickets to the Dallas symphony (a long-time favorite thing for us to do, although we haven't been in years), followed by dinner at our favorite restaurant (Houston's), a wonderful night at the Hotel ZaZa (my absolute favorite hotel of all time), breakfast in bed the next morning (my only request to him), followed by a massage at the ZaSpa. Nice. But way too short. We picked up our little boy less than 18 hours after dropping him off, took him to the downtown Dallas Neiman Marcus for pictures with Santa (that was fun, but he was cranky and tired even though all the pictures turned out great), and headed back to Fort Worth.

But wait! There's more! We hired a sitter for that evening and my husband had yet another surprise in store! Dinner at Ferré and the Nutcracker ballet at Bass Hall! Now I love ballet, but I KNOW my husband loves me because he was willing to put himself through a ballet for my sake. By the way, he loved it (I know, right? I'm as surprised as you are!)! On a funny note, the people we were originally sitting next to were on the annoying side (talking the whole time, etc.). So during intermission, we moved to one of the box seats where no one was sitting (ok, don't tell me you've never done that before). The best seats in the house, right in the center! 

Happy 9th anniversary to us!  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can honestly say that I have never gone to better seats at intermission of a ballet. Crazy huh? Ok, just tell me this. Did he really say he loved it? Man. I knew he really was gay deep down inside!

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I'm kinda shocked he loved it!! I'm glad you guys had such a great time, you definitely deserve it. Happy Anniversary!!! I so look forward to seeing all that God will do for you guys in the next 9 years. (Hopefully another little one soon?!?!?) :) Love you!!

Dorynda said...

wow! that was a happy anniversary! yay for you guys! miss you!