Thursday, December 18, 2008

I need gifts!!!

...Not to get, but to GIVE!!! I started on my Christmas list early this year, we've had the tree up since Nov. 30th, our son's picture with Santa was taken a couple of weeks ago, stocking stuffers are ready to go...but I still have things that I need to get and wrap (at this point, I'm thinking point, click & ship is sounding MUCH better)! Not to get off-topic, but I DO love this time of year...not only is it Jesus' birthday celebration, but it always reminds me of my wedding day (which could not have been any more perfect for us). The lights are up, the weather is cold (well...some days are frigid and others are more "CoCoMo"-ish). 

Yes...I need gifts, but I have been avoiding going anywhere near anything that resembles a mall because it's just a beating for me. 

So what do you guys think? Point, click, ship? Or suck it up, put on my "big girl panties," and go to the mall like a (wo)man? 


6 comments:

Casey said...

I say suck it up (in the nicest way possible) and go get those gifts!!! There will be pretty decorations to see and you are not at the mercy of the mail/UPS/Fedex man to get it to you on time.

triplatte said...

Ok, one vote for "get out there!" Anyone else?? =]

Bree said...

I say, put on those big girl panties and get going!!! You never know what God will show you as you are out and about! Plus, the decorations are beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Shoot girl!! SHOP ONLINE!!!!! I looove to shop but I can't stand the crowded malls! I'd rather go to the malls this time of year to "people watch" and just sit back and laugh at people. We do it all online! Well...not ALL. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with KK! Shop online! We have just been sending all our gifts to someone other than who it is for so they can wrap it for us! Plus I suck at wrapping. KK doesn't like it when I wrap because they aren't pretty. Hmmm...

triplatte said...

Well Brook, your vote came in about 1/2 hour too late!

I braved the mall (and it actually was not as horrible as I thought it would be...perhaps the economy is keeping those would-be shoppers away). I did, however, get carried away and spent way too much money! Probably should have shopped online, but my procrastination to get what was left pretty much left me with only one decision...going to the mall! UPS probably wouldn't have cut it (we do Christmas with T's family on Wednesday & Thursday), and FedEx--well, way too expensive to overnight something. Speaking of, did we ever tell you that T's dad passed up the opportunity to be 1 of 3 founding partners of UPS??? Tragic. Truly tragic.