Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bad Leadership (Part 3)

I've had some good leaders in my life. I've had an even smaller amount of excellent leaders in my life. And I've also had more than my share of bad leaders ("No thanks, no more, I'm done thank you.").

There is one thing that I have noticed in them all:  You can sometimes see the reflection of someone's leadership more clearly by what they don't do or say rather than by what they DO do or say. For example, when faced with an uncomfortable situation, do they do the "avoidance dance?" You know what I mean...you go left, I go right type of thing, so as to "smooth over" an awkward situation by pretending it (or you) doesn't exist? Or how about this one...not following through on promises (as a rule, rather than an occasional exception). 

Just some thoughts...


No comments: