Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Not a fan

People are fans of lots of different things...their favorite sports teams, Twitter, McDonald's, or even fly fishing to name a few. 

I am a fan of a lot of varied things myself, but one thing I am not a fan of is Blogger. No offense to the Bloggos who created Blogger, but I just find it very constricting and I, personally, don't like to be confined. It doesn't make writing any fun for me because I'm not happy with the way my post looks when I press the "publish" button. And it makes them look a lot longer than they really are.

So, probably sometime within the next few months, I will be making "the big switch." Now I'll keep you guessing as to the exact date that will be, but nonetheless--when I have the time to do it--I will be moving in cyberspace. Or, perhaps I will keep this one and just start a new blog with an "un-anonymous" (is that a word?) theme. Maybe I'll do that. It makes it easier to open up about things when only a handful of people know your true identity. So, I guess this blog is good for that and maybe it will speak to someone along the way who happens to come across it somehow.

Until then, come get your fill of varied and non-consecutive posts because my life is just like that right now. And when I move, I guess I can't tell you where I'm going (because then you would know who I am).   {smiling}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of these days, I'm gonna find out who you really are. One of these days...

triplatte said...

hee hee!

Anonymous said...

i'm a fan of YOU. even if I dont know who you are :) I like wordpress a lot!

sparkled*life said...

Too funny I don't think anyone really "loves" blogger we all just choose to tolerate it at times :)

Liked your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hey it was good to see you guys the other day! You should blog again sometime!

Anonymous said...

I miss your blogs! Put down the kid and the cake and write stuff!

triplatte said...

Well Brook, took your advice and put down the kid and the cake and look what happened! A baby coming a week after yours! Guess I didn't follow through with the rest of your suggestion to actually "write stuff!" ;)

Jenna McLucas said...

Hello. I just found your blog! I am also a youth pastor's wife that LOVES to bake for others (though I haven't gotten paid for it yet). If you've moved on to a different site I'd love to follow you there. You may check out my blog, if your curious, but you won't find much because I'm not a Blogger fan either, LOL! I'm much more active on Facebook(jenna pearson mclucas). Anyway, I'm looking for a sort of anonymous pen-pal who I can bounce ideas off of. Let me know if you're interested.